My Photo
Name:
Location: Aarhus, Denmark

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Stranded in Marrakech

I'm afraid I'm stuck in Marrakech
But with local I admit I've been blessed
It could have been M'Hamid or Tingdad
Or another particular douar unsaid
Why, you ask, am I sitting here?
Well therein is a tale to hear
The taxi drivers and buses
Are worried and all making fusses
About a new government policy
Regard: driving-accident injuries
Let's say your bus, as along it flies
Accidentally hits someone who dies
Off to jail you go
For five years whole
And 50 million dirhams' your fee
Which you'll be paying for eternity
So that's the new policy rumor
That has made traveling a blunder
For every tourist walks the streets
With miserable, tired defeat
And stare down at their feet
Wishing for comfortable sneaks
Because fancy heals don't cut it, I say
When "no taxis" means walking all day
Thus settling in we all are
Since one simply can't travel far
Rather wander through blossoming parks
And get lost in Jma Alfna's larks

2 Comments:

Blogger Tabitha said...

Hey Fruit, this is probably my favorite poem, of the ones I've read...or maybe Hashuma House (except that knowing the meaning of Hashuma would help immensely). Nice rhymes! :-)

6:45 PM  
Blogger Rachel Beach said...

Glad you enjoyed it.

(Hashuma means religiously shameful.. a Muslim term.)

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home