My Photo
Name:
Location: Aarhus, Denmark

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

...what they think

1/8/2006 11:00 PM

I have found the enemy of my soul’s rest

Every night it beats upon my chest

In the daylight it will not let me be

Nor even ever hide from me

But shamelessly it pursues

Often I was caught before I knew

That its wiry fingers were round about

It tangled me and let me doubt

Let me ponder until despair

Had pressed me down a stair

Forcing me away from where

To go I’d even thought to dare

It would clinch my throat;

And life, bit by bit it would choke

Over and over the agonies

The same sorry thought flurries

Played like a horrid dream

An unchanging wretched theme

A deja vue somehow reminding

In every new place still finding

Me in the last place I just left

Unrepulsed no matter where I drift

I have so many happy dreams

All ruined by one sour fiend

Every night and day and year

The torment and abrasive wear

It is the thoughtless comments that one shares

Who become inside a raging flare

For I simply cannot cease to care

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home